Tuesday, November 24

Day 24 of 30 Days of Thankfulness

I'm Thankful

(277)  For the good breakfast we had this morning.  We had Thanksgiving breakfast at work today, a tradition.

(278)  That today is my last day of work this week, then I'll have six days off straight.

(279)  For the blessing to my heart this morning on the way to work, as I was listening to the Brady Rochester family sing about being blessed.  God is so good!

(280)  That the tests they ran on Papaw J found nothing wrong.

(281)  That I have sons who are willing to help with their ailing and aging grandparents.  Even if one doesn't eat after working out, sees them taking blood from said papaw, and passes out.  Which one do you think that was? (hint:  Malachi's in Ohio, Aaron's in Nebraska and Seth was at school)

(282)  That other son was willing to spend the night with said Papaw AND Mamaw at the hospital.  Oh well, Jace, you should be able to sleep tonight!  (Figure out which one passed out yet?)

(283)  That entire group should be on their way home now.

(284)  That I wasn't the one who had to do it this time!

(285)  That Luke wasn't hurt when he hit the floor.  (Yep, that's right, Luke's the one that passed out.)

(286)  That Tasha and Aaron have a potential buyer for their house.  PLEASE PRAY it will be so!

(287)  That my seven year old granddaughter, Kyra, likes to send me emails even if they just say "hay mammy, what's up" and "Love you!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!" They make me very happy!

(288)  That the same granddaughter says "you are so cool!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"  (She either really likes punctuation marks or wants me to know she really means it, I'm opting for the latter)  I know one day that "cool" probably won't be the word she uses to describe me.

(289)  That while they are little, kids don't see your faults and failures.  They only see the love and attention.

(290)  That it's really true what the last part of Proverbs 10:12 says "love covereth all sins."  And I Peter 4:8 says "And above all things have fervent charity among yourselves: for charity shall cover the multitude of sins."  If we truly love someone, we don't focus on the bad things, we don't see them, we see the love that covers them.

(291)  That when God looks at me, He doesn't see my sins, He sees love.  The love that His Son had for me, the blood that covers my sins.

(292)  That my sins are under the blood.

(293)  That I am forgiven.

(294)  That past sins are removed and forgotten, as far as the east is from the west.

(295)  That when I sin again, there is forgiveness available.  I just have to ask.

(296)  That He knows me, and yet He still loves me.

(297)  That my work day is over an hour and a half early today.

(298)  That we have a special Thanksgiving dinner at church tomorrow night.

(299)  That it's just two days till Thanksgiving.

(300)  That I have family to spend Thanksgiving with.


No comments: