Tuesday, November 10

Day 10 of 30 Days of Thankfulness

Well, it's a little after one a.m. and I've only been home a few minutes.  I went with my dad to UT Hospital where they had airlifted my great uncle Clarence from Morristown/Hamblen Hospital.  My Aunt Bonnie was there too.  Though tired, I want to post the things I'm thanful for before going to bed.

I'm thankful

(47)  That Uncle Clarence is doing well.  He got up from a stool and fell, hitting his head.  He fractured the first vertebrae in his neck. 

(48)  That there was no damage to his spinal chord, and no neruological damage.

(49)  That through it all, he never complained and was even making jokes and laughing.  He is such a sweet man.  He's 85 years old.

(50)  That Aunt Hassie, who is 90,  was handling the situation well after finding out the damage and that he was going to be okay.  He will have to wear the neck collar for 6 weeks.

(51)  That Clarence will probably get to go home tomorrow evening.

(52)  For the stories that Uncle Clarence told.  Things we'd never know without taking the time to really listen. 

(53)  For dear friends, Jeff & Bud, who heard the worry in Dad's voice and showed up at the hospital.

(54)  For the man in the waiting room, who I got to talk to about the Lord.

(55)  That I got to tell Uncle Clarence that I love him before leaving the hospital.

(56)  For memories.  Memories of events shared by three young girls, 15, 16 and 18, who are now 47, 48 and 50.



No comments: