Wednesday, November 11

Day 11 of 30 Days of Thankfulness

I'm Thankful

(57)  That all my Christmas shopping, except for Charlie & Seth, is done.  Finished.  Complete. Hurray!!  That's no easy feat when you have 18 members in your immediate family (husband, 6 kids, 1 son-in-law, 2 daughter-in-laws,  8 grandkids), plus Dad, in-laws and a few friends.  And, I did it all in one day, armed with a budget and a list.

(58)  That now that the shopping is done, I can plan special activities with my grandkids and neices.  Like a trip to the playhouse, to see Charlie & The Chocolate Factory.

(59)  That Misty has volunteered to help me wrap the umpteen dozen presents.

(60)  That I unexpectedly got to have lunch with Abby and Rachel today.

(61)  That as soon as Abby saw me, she started clapping her hands.

(62)  For conversation with my cousin tonight.  Not so sure about the realization that we are now the "responsible" generation. 

(63)  For spending time with Uncle Clarence at the hospital again tonight.  Please pray for him.  There was a major difference in him  tonight from two nights ago.  His mental state appears altered in that he's talking to people not there, etc., Not sure what's causing it.  And the neck brace that he has to wear for the next six weeks, besides being uncomfortable, hinder's his eating and swallowing.

(64)  That even in his altered state, laying flat on his back, he was raising his hands and praying.

(65)  That the wheel bearing that went out on my car was covered by the extended warranty, so didn't cost me anything to have it replaced.

(66)  For the quiet ride, now that the bearing has been replaced.

(67)  That I work in the back office at work.  Construction started this week and affects the front office.  Very noisy and distracting.  It will be going on for the next 6 months or so.
 

No comments: