Tuesday, February 3

Prayer for My Sister

Please pray for my sister, Debbie. She has recently been diagnosed with a rare form of cancer. Click here for my neice Stephanie's post about the diagnosis. http://www.kringangel.blogspot.com/ .
Besides my husband, Debbie is probably the one person who knows me better than any body else. There are only eleven months difference in our age. I won't make you guess who is the oldest, it's me. We did almost everything together growing up. When I was in the third grade and Debbie in the second, she had rheumatic fever, and spent a long time in the hospital. It seemed like forever to me, because my best friend and constant companion wasn't around and I didn't get to see her. (Don't get me wrong, we had our arguments, but we always made up.) We even took turns dating the same guy in high school (completely different time frames). We both got married in the same year, and had our kids close together, although I got two in in between Debbie's first two and last two. This last year we took a cake decorating class together and had lots of fun doing it. And don't believe a word Debbie said, I did pass the class! This past summer we took a vacation together (minus our husbands) and took our two youngest to Myrtle Beach and had a great time. We are both busy raising our families and don't spend alot of time together these days, but I know all I have to do is call and she'll be there for me. I hope she feels the same way about me. I know she's gonna have a rough road ahead of her and could really use your prayers that God would give her grace to face whatever's ahead. Pray for her family too, her husband Wendel, her son Josh and his wife Misty and daughter Rene, her daughter Stephanie and husband Michael, and daughter's Tiffany & Mikiah. Remember Jessica (as Debbie says her "not by birth daughter"), too.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I'll be praying for your sister! I didn't realize until I read this that Stephanie's mom was your sister!