Thursday, July 30

Anyone There?

If there's anyone out there still checking my blog, and you know the power of prayer, I would ask you to please pray for my sister Debbie. She began radiation treatments on Monday and had her first chemo treatment on Wednesday. She was having really bad pain last night and had to go to the ER. It was so bad she agreed to go by ambulance. If you know my sister, you know it had to be bad for her to do that. Dad had called and told me and said he was going up there, so I went with him. That was about 10:30 and it's 3:45 and I just got home. They gave her something for the pain, but she said that it was just masking it. She could still feel it, but not as bad. But the shots were only lasting about an hour and a half. They gave her another before she left the hospital, but she said she could already feel it coming back. Please pray for her! She has another radiation treatment tomorrow. She has the radiation every day except Saturday and Sunday. The chemo she has every Wednesday. You can keep up with her journey here.
~
~
Seth returned from Florida where he had a great time. He's heavy into football practice and scrimmages now. He plays running back, some quarter back, and safety. He was supposed to go with me and Misty to Charleston this weekend, but he has a big 3 way scrimmage Friday night, so he won't be going. I'm looking forward to the long weekend in Charleston. It will be nice to get away for a few days. It's hard to believe that summer is almost over. School starts August 8th and Seth will be a sophomore this year. My how time flies!
~
~
Luke & Malachi came home for 1 day and then left again for Kansas. They will be working there for maybe two weeks. It was good to have them here, even if it was just a few hours.

No comments: