Friday, January 8

Though They Be Red Like Crimson...

We had some snow last night and the roads got pretty slick.  I'm thankful for my all wheel drive Subaru.  I didn't have any trouble getting home.  But, I also had no excuse for not making it to work this morning.  So, while everybody else enjoyed the snow day, I was at work.  I came home this evening and started supper, and looking out the back door, I could see the bird feeder.  It belongs to Charlie and our grandson, Owen.  They put it up last spring and during the warmer weather, enjoyed sitting on the back porch watching the birds.  They had many interesting conversations (Owen turned 3 in June) concerning those birds.

 This is what I saw this evening.

These sparrows were underneath the bird feeder.  They blended in with the leaves on the ground.  Even though the were hard to see, I was reminded how God's word says that not one of them shall be forgotten of God.  They are not very showy birds, just plain, simple little brown birds, but God will not forget one of them.  If God will not forget one of these tiny little birds, He will not forget us, for He says that we are worth more than many sparrows.  We may not be the person that stands out to every one else, but we stand out to God, for we are His, and He will not forget us. 

Are not five sparrows sold for two farthings, and not one of them is forgotten before God? But even the very hairs of your head are all numbered. Fear not therefore: ye are of more value than many sparrows.
 Luke 12:6-7

This female cardinal was on the bird feeder,

and the male was perched up in the tree.  I never see a bright red cardlinal on a snowy background that I'm not reminded of Isaiah 1:18.


Come now, and let us reason together, saith the LORD: though your sins be as scarlet, they shall be as white as snow; though they be red like crimson, they shall be as wool.

What a beautiful picture of God's words!


No comments: